We deeply care about the people, suppliers, fabrics, manufacturing and packaging that we use, and the impact our production has on the environment, and the people who help create it.
Products manufactured and sourced by Verry Kerry are produced under working conditions that are ethical, hygienic and safe.
All workers involved in the production of products sold by Verry Kerry from direct suppliers, indirect suppliers and our own service providers are treated with full consideration to their human rights.
- Verry Kerry acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
- Verry Kerry is completely committed to implementing the principals of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (even though we are not members of the ETI).
- This policy sets out Verry Kerry’s commitment to its suppliers and customers, setting out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner.
There are 10 key principles to our code:
- No Child Labour
- No Forced Labour
- Earth-friendly Materials & Production
- Healthy & Safe Working Conditions
- Reasonable Wages & Benefits
- Equal Opportunities
- Respectful Treatment of Employees
- Employment Security
- Commitment to Suppliers & Customers
- Looking Towards Further Improvement
1. No Child Labour
- Under no circumstances shall there be recruitment of child labour.
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night.
- Children or persons under 18 are not employed full-time.
2. No Forced Labour
- All employment with Verry Kerry is freely chosen.
- Staff are free to leave Verry Kerry after reasonable notice.
3. Earth-friendly Materials & Production
- Fabrics such as Bamboo & Organic cotton are bought with certification and then screen or digitally printed using AZO free, earth friendly dyes in fair and ethical, family run factories.
- All of our packaging is recycled or reusable.
- All production and manufacturing is paid fairly with a 50% upfront deposit and 50% on delivery.
4. Healthy & Safe Working Conditions
- Verry Kerry provides safe, open, working spaces & necessary equipment and training.
- Verry Kerry takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimise potential hazards.
- Staff have constant access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
5. Reasonable Wages & Benefits
- Verry Kerry staff are paid fairly and rewarded with benefits where possible.
- We ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued. As we grow, we will be able to offer more opportunities for our staff.
6. Equal Opportunities
- There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, and termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Opportunities for personal and career development are equally available to all employees.
7. Respectful Treatment of Employees
- No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practiced.
- Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
8. Employment Security
- Respectful treatment of employees - No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practiced.
- Staff pay rates are above the national legal minimum standards.
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 48 hours per week, a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those wishing to work in excess of 48 hours per week.
- Staff are provided 2 days off per week.
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period.
9. Commitment to Suppliers & Customers
- Verry Kerry has extremely good relationships with all of its suppliers, and is committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, by physical regular visits in person, and we feel more than safe in the knowledge our suppliers operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
- Verry Kerry is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable consumers to make informed choices about whose products they purchase. We shout about it in every way possible, through our website, marketing, and social media platforms.
10. Looking Towards Further Improvement
- We are constantly striving to improve our sustainability and do everything we can to put the earth, environment and people at the forefront of every decision we make.